My research focuses on the circulation of gendered and decolonial discourses of identity between the United States and Western Europe, placing particular emphasis on the Atlantic area as a space of transformation, in the “long” twentieth century.
- Philosophy between the US and France (French theory, American queer theory)
- European migration and the American West in art history and cinema
- Visual avant-gardes 1945-1970 and transatlantic travel
- ATER of English for visual arts, University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2021-
- PRAG of English, department of Civil Engineering, 2019-2021
- Temporary Lecturer in Gender and Sexuality Studies, American University of Paris, 2014-2016, 2018-2019.
- ATER in the department of Études Anglophones, University of Amiens, 2017-2018.
- Classed first in the Agrégation pour docteur.rice.s in English, 2018
- Passed the CAPES of English, 2017.
- PhD on avant-garde theatre, the University of Exeter, 2009-2012.
- Monograph: Afterlife of the Theatre of the Absurd: The Avant-Garde, Spectatorship, and Psychoanalysis, Peter Lang, 2018
- Co-edited special edition:“Queering the Second Wave: Anglo-French Dialogues”, Paragraph: A Journal of Critical Theory 41:3 (2018), co-edited with Lisa Downing.
- “Admirable Alterity on the Frontier: French Women’s Agency in the Hollywood Western”, Transatlantica 1 (2020). https://doi.org/10.4000/transatlantica.15812
- “The Hurt and Healing of ‘Brexitannia’: Towards a Gendered Take on Brexit Visual Culture”, Open Arts Journal 8 (2020). http://dx.doi.org/10.5456/issn.2050-3679/2020s03
- “In-Yer-Face Mouths and Immobilisation: Parodies of Samuel Beckett’s Theatre in Sarah Kane”, Polysèmes 23 (2020). Special issue on British Women and Parody. https://doi.org/10.4000/polysemes.7551
- “Decolonial Queer Feminism in Donna Haraway’s ‘Cyborg Manifesto’,” Paragraph: A Journal of Critical Theory3: 317-332 (2018). Edinburgh University Press.
- “Reaching for Archive Fever: A Tall Tale About Queer Made in France”, Paragraph: A Journal of Critical Theory3 (2016): 319-334.
- “Standing Up Against the Rape Joke: Irony and its Vicissitudes”, Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society 40 (2015): 963-84.
- “Going Global: The Stars of French Theory and French Cinema”, Journal of Romance Studies 12, no. 2 (2012): 59-74.
- “Getting Lippy with the Patriarchy: Contemporary Women Artists’ ‘Lip-Art’”, Performing Arousal: Precarious Bodies and Frames of Representation, co-edited by Yana Meerzon and Julia Listengarten. London: Bloomsbury, 2021.
- “A French Unsettlement of the Frontier: Love and the Threatened American Dream in Heaven’s Gate (1980)”, Love in Western Film and Television: Lonely Hearts and Happy Trails, edited by Sue Matheson. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- “The Idea of America: Flags, African Americans, and the Far West in Ouverture, the inaugural exhibition of the Pinault Collection at the Bourse de Commerce|, Miranda 23 (2021). https://doi.org/10.4000/miranda.41144
- “Pause and Re-set: Reflections on the Virtual Theatre Festival ‘The Work of Adrienne Kennedy: Inspiration and Influence’”, Miranda 22 (2021). https://doi.org/10.4000/miranda.39688