The “Arts and Visual Cultures” research seminar brings together LARCA members, scholars, and PhD students whose research projects focus on the arts and visual cultures of the English-speaking worlds. The research conducted in this context combines historical as well as aesthetic approaches, and includes still as well as time-based media: painting, photography, film, television, sculpture, video, VR…
Alongside visual forms and creative practices, questions of circulation and reception are addressed in relation to the institutional context (museums, galleries, festivals, foundations, digital platforms…). The seminar interfaces with the other LARCA research clusters. Its dynamic is set through collaborations and collective discussions taking place within the group’s seminar.
The “Art and Visual Culture” seminar takes place on Monday from 5 to 7, room 830, Olympe de Gouges building, unless otherwise indicated, and on Zoom for those who cannot join.
1er semestre :
- Lundi 09/10/23 : 17.00-19.00, salle 830 : books of interest
- Vendredi 17/11/23 : Demi-journée de l’axe : 9.00 – 12.30. Point sur les travaux en cours et les projets
2e semestre :
- Jeudi 29/02/24 : Patrick Jagoda, Professor of English, Cinema & Media Studies, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago Executive Editor of Critical Inquiry : “Encounter: Transmedia Storytelling, Interactive Gameplay, and Improvisational Performance.” Avec l’Unité de recherche CERILAC.
- Lundi 25/03/24 : Avigail Moss, Post-doc. Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art : “War risks: Insuring cultural patrimony in and out of conflict”
- Lundi 06/05/24 : Shohini Chaudhuri, Professor of Film Studies, University of Essex. Avec l’axe Genres et sexualités
- Fin mai : Laura Chiesa, Associate Professor, University at Buffalo (titre de l’intervention à confirmer)
+ Demi-journée de l’axe : suite de la réflexion sur les projets collectifs