- Postcolonial Theory and Literatures
- Queer Theory and Literatures
- Decolonial Studies
- South Asia: Cultures and Diasporas
- Racism and Discrimination
My ongoing research operates within the field of transnational decolonial queerness. Extending the analyses of postcolonial cultural praxes to diasporic, postcolonial and queer literatures, I aim to develop the emerging critiques of eurocentric queer articulations through the lens of decolonial studies. My monograph is currently under preparation.
- Postcolonial Cultures and Literatures
- Queer Cultures and Literatures
- Decolonial Movements
Education and Academic Positions
I received my PhD titled “Back/Side Entry: Queer and Postcolonial Representations of South Asia” from the School of English, University of Leicester. Prior to holding various teaching positions in France (University of Le Havre and University Paris 8), I was employed as a Postdoctoral Fellow in English at the University of Leicester. I joined University of Paris Denis-Diderot as Associate Professor in 2018.
- Co-coordinator of the Decolonizing Sexualities Network website and blog www.decolonizingsexualities.com
- Member of the Scientific Committee. International Conference on Gloria Anzaldùa, May 2019, University Paris 8.
- Co-organiser of the international conference titled “Colonial and Decolonial Pasts and Presents in France” at the University of Le Havre, November 2015.
- Reviewer for the following journals: : Sexualities ; Gender, Sexuality and Race ; Nordic LGBTQ Studies Lambda Nordicaluate
Decolonial Queerness, a podcast with Sandeep Bakshi
“Queer et Queer of Colour, de quoi parle-t-on ?” – Sandeep Bakshi – Question d’égalité – Université de Paris
Listen to Sandeep Bakshi – 13th session of the Decolonise Europe Lecture Series – 17th March, 4-5 pm – Amsterdam Center of European Studies
Decolonizing Sexualities Transnational Perspectives, Critical Interventions Date de publication : 21/10/2016
- Bakshi, Sandeep et Anouk Guiné (2017) « Colonialité, genre et multiculturalisme, Europe et Amériques », revue EOLLES, n°8. https://gric.univ-lehavre.fr/spip.php?article258
- “Decolonial Readings, Queer Performances.” In Bakshi, Jivraj and Posocco (eds) (2016) Decolonizing Sexualities : Transnational Perspectives, Critical Interventions.
- “Past Matters : Queer Contestations of Colonial Masculinity in Leslie de Noronha’s The Dew Drop Inn and Shyam Selvadurai’s Cinnamon Gardens.” Journal of Postcolonial Writing 51.5 (2015) : 543-555. DOI:10.1080/17449855.2015.1066411.
- “Fractured Resistance : Queer Negotiations of the Postcolonial.” South Asian Review, Vol.33, no.2, 2012. 37-55.
- “A Comparative Analysis of Hijras and Drag Queens : The Subversive Possibilities and Limits of Parading Effeminacy and Negotiating Masculinity.” Reprint. Ed. Stephen Hunt, Religions of the East Surrey : Ashgate, 2010. Reprint de Bakshi, Sandeep (2004) “A Comparative Analysis of Hijras and Drag Queens,” Journal of Homosexuality 46 : 3, 211-223.
- Consulter les publications de Sandeep Bakshi dans l’archive ouverte HAL